Here are answers to the questions we get asked most often about our programs. We hope you find what you're looking for, but if you still have a question, please contact us (see contact information below).
Who should attend these programs?
All are invited! Each program is designed for both individuals and teams who want to achieve personal growth, influence change at their company, and who are empowered to drive new initiatives. Topics are interdisciplinary and are appropriate for those at all levels, including leadership and management roles throughout the organization. And it doesn't make a difference which department you're in - all departments can participate, such as human resources, sales, marketing, product design, IT, finance, operations, and legal.
When do the programs begin?
You can start immediately! The online programs are offered as rolling admissions, meaning you don't need to wait to begin.
Do I receive academic credit?
No. Sorry, at this time, we're not offering academic credits for program completion.
How long will it take to complete a program?
These online programs can be completed on your own schedule. We suggest completing at least one module a week, finishing in eight weeks. Overall, average time spent is from 24 - 32 hours (depending on the projects you pick to work on).
How much time should I expect to spend on each module?
Plan to spend approximately 2-3 hours for each module. This time will include watching videos, completing exercises and joining in the discussions.
What is the online learning experience like?
You'll enjoy the freedom and flexibility of a self-paced course as you work through the University of Richmond certificate programs online. Unlike other online courses comprised solely of reading and tests, your online learning experience Includes:
- Learn by doing approach.
- Easy-to-use learning platform.
- Short Video presentations that can be replayed and revisited as needed.
- Engaging activities and exercises that reinforce your new skills, and are downloadable for multi-purpose use.
- Knowledge challenges to test your learning.
- Interactive discussions with peers and instructors.
- Professional plans of action to take back to your organization.
- An official university-backed certificate after completion.
- Inbox access to instructors and teacher aides.
- Helpful templates, eBooks, workbooks, posters and more, all included.
Are there any prerequisites or work experience required?
No, there are no requirements.
What type of technology and skills do I need for the online class?
For online courses, certain skills and up-to-date technology are needed to successfully complete the programs. This includes:
- Computer or tablet with Internet access
- Up to date browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.
- Microsoft Word or equivalent
- Microsoft Excel or equivalent
- Microsoft PowerPoint or equivalent
- Adobe PDF Reader
Is there an application fee?
No, there is no application fee or per-admittance processing. Simply enroll using the "Register & Pay" option above.
What is the cost of the programs?
Each program costs $4,995. The price includes all course materials and, if online, access to the Executive Education Online Learning Portal. (The Learning Management system we used is called "Canvas".) Group discounts are available for teams of three or more individuals.